The Preclinical Testing Consortium (PPTC) is a US National Cancer Institute-funded initiative aimed at prioritizing effective drugs for clinical evaluation in pediatric cancers. OT-82 was selected for testing into this program. Results obtained with OT-82 showed impressive effectiveness in systemic patient-derived xenografts from pediatric resistant ALL patients. In addition, OT-82 demonstrated synergy with AraC in combination therapy. Consequently NAMPT inhibition by OT-82 is an attractive strategy for treating leukemia, and these data support further evaluation of this drug in the treatment of high-risk pediatric ALL.
- OncoTartis has concluded a $6 million financing round to support the Phase 1 clinical trial of the lead drug candidate OT-82. December 11, 2017
- OT-82 shows impressive effectiveness in systemic patient-derived xenografts from pediatric resistant ALL patients June 2, 2017
- OncoTartis have successfully completed preclinical GLP Toxicology, Pharmacokinetics and Safety studies March 10, 2017
- September 28, 2016: In-life phase of GLP Toxicology studies is completed. September 28, 2016
- Pharmatek, Inc., a San Diego based contract development & manufacturing company, started the development of OT-82 dosage form for human clinical studies. August 1, 2016